Low Fat Apple Pie
|For flaky pie crust|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Margarine stick||1 1⁄2|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Peeled sliced apples||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. With two knives or pastry blender, cut margarine into a sieve flour and salt mixture until the mixture is of cornmeal consistency.
2. Add ice water to the mixture, toss with a fork and shape into a ball. Allow to chill for 20 minutes.
3. Halve the mixture and thinly roll each of the halves on lightly floured surface. Keep aside until used.
4. Preheat oven 400° F.
5. Take a 9-inch pie plate, line with one flaky pie pastry.
6. Toss apples with lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar.
7. Fill the pie pastry with apple mixture, cover, and bake for 50 minutes or until brown and apples turn tender.
8. Transfer to cake rack and allow to cool.
9. Serve apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 365.3 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 31.8 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet