Cottage Pie And Shepherd's Pie
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Beef||1 Pound, minced (450 Gram)|
|Lamb/Meat leftovers||1 Pound, chopped|
|Oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Gram)|
|Brown stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Worcestershire sauce||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Potatoes/450 gram||1 Pound, cooked, mashed and buttered|
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 4/350°F/180°C.
2) Fry the onion till brown and the meat - if you are using fresh meat - in the oil.
3) Leftovers neednot not be browned.
4) Fold in the flour and cook for a minute or two more.
5) Now add the stock and reduce to a simmer and cook through for a minute or two.
6) Add the remaining ingredients,along with the leftover meat if used.
7) Add the required seasonings.
8) Place this mixture in a baking dish and cover with the potatoes, marking their surface with a fork.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until the potatoes are well browned on top.
10) Cut to desired pieces and serve.