Pineapple And Mincemeat Pie
|Fresh pineapple||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, sliced and segmented into eighths (675 Gram)|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Shortcrust pastry||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Mincemeat||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Fresh)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground (A Scant)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (For Glaze)|
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 7/425°F/220°C.
2) Scatter the pineapple segments with the demerara sugar, if you desire.
3) Spread out just over half of the shortcrust pastry by rolling.
4) Now place in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish.
5) Place the mincemeat on the bottom and cover with the pineapple segments.
6) Scatter on top with the ginger.
7) Roll out the remaining pastry, then cover and decorate the pie with pastry pineapples.
8) Brush with the beaten egg.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and further for 15-20 minutes at Gas Mark 4/350°F/180°C.
10) When done,cut to desired pieces and serve.