Apple Crumb Pie
|Baking apples||8 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter flavored sprinkles||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the apples, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of maple syrup. Keep aside.
3) In a food processor, combine the flour, sprinkles, oil, corn syrup, cinnamon, allspice and the remaining maple syrup. Blend until the mix is well combined and crumbly.
4) Over the baking apples, sprinkle 2/3rd of the mixture. Toss well.
5) On two 9 inch pie plates or one 9X13 inch baking dish, place the apples.
6) On top, add the remaining crumbs.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8) With a foil, cover loosely. Bake again for 20 minutes, or until the apples turn tender but not mushy.
9) Serve warm, with a scoop of whipped sweetened cream.