Cinderella Pumpkin Pie
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Place the oven rack in the lowest possible position.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
3) To make the crust, stir together both the flours, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
4) Use a pastry blender, 2 knives used like scissors or your fingertips, to cur in the vegetable spread till the mixture looks like coarse meal.
5) Sprinkle the mixture will 2 tablespoons of cold water and lightly toss with a fork to moisten. Gather the mixture into a ball.
6) Roll out the dough to a round of about 12-inches on a lightly floured waxed paper.
7) Into a 9-inch pie pan, invert the waxed paper with the dough and peel off the paper.
8) Fir the dough into the bottom as well as up the sides of the pan.
9) Crimp the edges so as to form 1 border around the edges that is about ¼-inch high. Use a fork to prick the bottom of the crust in several places.
10) Bake in preheated oven, on the lowest rack, till the crust has turned very pale gold. This takes about 15 minutes of baking.
11) Put the crust on the wire rack to briefly cool.
12) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees.
13) To prepare the filling, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, syrup, egg whites, whole egg, brown sugar, spices, vanilla and salt till the mixture is smooth.
14) Pour the mixture into the pir crust and return to the lowest rack of the pan very carefully.
15) Bake in the oven set at 350 degrees till the center is firm. This takes about 45 to 55 minutes.
16) Place on wire rack and allow to cool.
17) Serve at room temperature or chilled. Can be cut into wedges and served on individual plates as a dessert or party treat, or whole on a decorative serving platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 426.4 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet