Peachy Cream Pie
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into pieces and chilled|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe peaches||1⁄4 Pound, pitted and sliced (Fresh)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||14 Teaspoon (1/4 Cup + 2 Teaspoons)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peach jam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
1) Place the oven rack in the lowest position.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
3) To make the crust, stir together both the flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
4) Use a pastry blender, your fingertips or 2 knives held like scissors to cut in the vegetable oil spread till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
5) Sprinkle the mixture with 2 tablespoons of cold water and use a fork to lightly toss so as to moisten the mixture. Gather into a ball.
6) Roll out the dough to a thin round of 10 ½-inches on a lightly floured waxed paper.
7) Into a 9-inch pie plate, invert the waxed paper and peel off the paper. Fit the dough into the bottom of the pan and up its sides. Trim the edges and crimp.
8) Place the pie plate in the refrigerator while making the filling.
9) To make the filling, toss the peaches with 1 tablespoon of flour in a large bowl.
10) In a medium bowl, stir together the ¼ sugar and the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour.
11) Add the while egg, jam, vanilla, buttermilk and salt. Whisk till well blended. Add the mixture to the peach mixture and stir well.
12) In a medium bowl that is completely clean, beat the egg whites till they are frothy with the help of an electric mixer set on medium speed.
13) Add the remaining 2 teaspoon of sugar to the mixture and beat till the mixture is smooth and soft peaks have formed.
14) Fold in the peach mixture.
15) Into the refrigerated pie crust, spread the filling.
16) Bake on the lowest rack of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
17) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees and bake till the pie is puffed and browned. The center should be firm. This takes an additional 35 to 40 minutes of baking.
18) Place the pie plate to the wire rack. Cool slightly.
19) Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be served whole on a decorative serving platter and sliced at the table, or on individual plates after cutting into wedges.
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 170.7 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet