Blueberry Pie With Lattice Top
|Cold butter/Spectrum spread||3⁄4 Pound (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Unbleached white flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (2 1/2 Cups + 1/4 Cup)|
|Purified water||10 Tablespoon, cold|
|Blueberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), washed, drained|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed juice|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Slice the sticks of butter into small bits.
3) Into a food processor, add butter, 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Pulse about 10 times to get a crumbled dough.
4) Make two balls of equal sizes out of the dough. Wrap each in parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5) Sprinkle a little flour on a parchment sheet and roll out one of the balls into dimensions larger than a 9-inch pie pan.
6) Pick the parchment sheet along with the rolled out dough and turn it over on the pie pan. Discard the parchment sheet. With a scissors, trim the extra edges.
7) In a bowl, add blueberries, maple syrup, flour, cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour the mixture over the pie pan.
8) On a floured surface, roll out the second ball of dough to a size slightly larger than the pie pan.
9) Cut out 1/2-inch long strips from the dough. Place the strips at a little distance from each other to form a criss-cross pattern or a lattice formation. Press the extra edges of the dough onto the sides of the pan.
10) Bake the pie for about 60 minutes.
11) When the pie is still hot of the oven, dust sugar on top of the pie.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4745 Calories from Fat 2474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 282 g433.5%
Saturated Fat 175.6 g877.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 731.5 mg243.8%
Sodium 2957.4 mg123.2%
Total Carbohydrates 524 g174.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g94.1%
Sugars 169.5 g
Protein 48 g96.2%
Vitamin A 175.1% Vitamin C 119.7%
Calcium 30% Iron 123%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet