Old Fashioned Egg Pie
|Eggs||6 , hard-boiled and sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced, sautéed in 3 tbsp of butter for 5 minutes|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (For Sautéing The Mushrooms)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|For crepe batter|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Rough puff pastry||1 (For 9-Inch Pie Crust)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C).
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and pinch of salt together.
3) Whisk in the egg, milk or water and melted butter, blend thoroughly.
4) Heat a lightly greased 10-inch crepe pan or skillet and pour in 1/ 2 the crepe batter, swirl around the pan to make a large crepe.
5) Cook the crepe for about two minutes on each side until golden brown, then repeat for the another crepe.
6) In a 10-inch quiche pan, roll out and line a pastry circle, then place a crepe in the lined pan.
7) In a bowl, mix the eggs, mushrooms, salt and pepper, and white sauce together and pour over the crepe in the pan.
8) Cover with the another crepe, then with another pastry circle and seal the edges well.
9) Brush with the egg yolk on top and score decoratively with a fork.
10) Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until golden and crusty.
11) Slice and serve the Eggs Pie, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 331
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g77.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.3 mg154.8%
Sodium 481.4 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet