Tomato And Mushroom Pie
|Active dry yeast||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Pound, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice (About 18 In Number)|
|Mushrooms||8 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, coarsely shredded|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon|
1. Make the dough: In a small bowl, combine the yeast and sugar. Add 1/4 cup of the warm water and stir briefly to dissolve the yeast; let rest to proof for about 5 minutes, until bubbly.
2. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, the cheese, 3 tablespoons of the oil and the salt. Mix well with a fork, then stir in the remaining 3/4 cup warm water and the yeast mixture. Stir until well blended. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes; add a small amount of additional flour if necessary to prevent sticking. The dough should be soft and moist.
3. Grease a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turn it over once to grease the top, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes with the salt and let drain on several thicknesses of paper towel for 15 minutes. Transfer to a sieve placed over a bowl and let drain until you are ready to assemble the pie.
5.Lightly coat two 12-inch round pizza pans or small baking sheets with olive oil. Punch the dough down and divide it in half. Place each piece on one of the pizza pans and pat out into an 11- or 12-inch circle, pinching the outside edge all around to raise the edge slightly. Cover loosely with kitchen towels or wax paper and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. After about 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 450°.
6. If both pies will fit on the floor of your oven at the same time, then assemble both before baking. If only one will fit at a time, assemble one and, while it is baking, assemble the remaining pie. For each pie, arrange half of the tomato pieces evenly over one of the dough rounds. Arrange half of the mushroom slices over the tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon each of the oregano and basil, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Top with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan; then drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the pie. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and dough round for the second pie.
7. Bake in the center of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust has puffed, the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Transfer the pie, still on the pan, to the floor of the oven if using a gas stove, or to the lowest shelf setting if using an electric stove, and bake for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown and crisp. Serve hot, cut into wedges.