Guava Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Guava juice||6 Ounce, frozen, thawed (1 Can)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1|
1) In a small bowl add cold water and sprinkle gelatin over it.
2) In another bowl whisk egg yolks until thick.
3) Add 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice and beat.
4) Place over low heat and stir until thick.
5) Mix softened gelatin and remove from heat.
6) Let cool for sometime.
7) Stir in guava juice and food coloring.
8) Stir the mixture until thick.
9) Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
10) Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
11) Gently mix guava mixture.
12) Fill into pie shell and chill until firm.
13) Top with sweetened whipped cream and serve.