Fresh Coconut Pie
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Baked pie shell||9 Inch|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Take a saucepan and combine in it cornstarch, sugar and salt. Stir in milk and mix until smooth.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue boiling for another 2 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and stir in a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
4) Return the mixture into saucepan and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil and turns thick enough to mound when dropped from spoon, stirring constantly.
5) Turn mixture into bowl and add the extracts along with half the coconut.
6) Place a waxed paper over filling and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
7) Turn into a pie shell and refrigerate for another 3 hours.
8) Spread whipped cream over filling and top with remaining coconut.