Coconut Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Coconut||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), flaked|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Baked pie shell||9 Inch|
1) Take 1/4 cup water and soften gelatin in it.
2) Take a saucepan and combine in it milk, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Simmer until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
3) Keep boiling for about 1 minute and then remove from heat.
4) Add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
5) Chill mixture until partially set. Beat until smooth.
6) Blend in almond and vanilla extract.
7) Gently fold in 1 cup coconut and whipped cream.
8) Take a bowl and beat egg whites in it until stiff peaks form. Add cream for tartar and remaining sugar.
9) Fold into the mixture.
10) Pour prepared mixture into pie shell.
11) Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
12) Chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
13) Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.