Rich Sweet Pie Pastry Or Butter Crust Pastry
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
2. Cut in butter as for plain pie pastry.
3. Add lemon rind.
4. Beat together egg yolks and 1 tablespoon water or lemon juice.
5. Use to bind mixture as when making plain pie pastry.
6. Add extra water or juice to bind in loose bits of pastry.
7. Pat dough into a ball.
8. Divide it in half and chill like plain pie pastry.