|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat slow oven hot to 400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6.
2) In a large basin sieve flour.
3) Mix the ground almonds in it.
4) Cut in small pieces of butter and rub into mixture evenly.
5) Stir in sugar and grated lemon rind.
6) In a bowl, add eggs yolks, milk, and dry ingredients. Mix lightly.
7) Stir to make firm dough.
8) On a lightly floured board add the dough and knead until smooth.
9) Chill for 30 minutes.
10) Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured working surface using a floured plain or fluted cutter. Make forty-eight circles of pastry.
11) In a lightly greased tartlet tins arrange twenty-four pastry. Prepare in batches if necessary.
12) In a bowl mix mincemeat with brandy.
13) Put a teaspoonful of mixture at the centre of each pastry circle. Do not overfill pies.
14) Wet the edges of pastry and cover each one with a pastry top.
15) Seal the edges and snip two slits in the top of each with scissors.
16) Place in the centre of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
17) Dust with icing sugar and serve hot with brandy butter or cream.