Salmon Crunch Pie
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pimento||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Sockeye salmon||1 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, put together flour, salt, butter, cheddar cheese, paprika and nuts; mix until crumbly.
3. Separate 1 cup of the cheese mixture for topping.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well.
5. Add sour cream, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, pimento and onion; mix well.
6. Drain salmon, remove bones.
7. Using a fork, flake the fish.
8. Generously grease a 10" pie plate with butter.
9. Into the buttered 10" pie plate, press the remaining cheese mixture.
10. Add the flaked fish.
11. Carefully spoon the egg mixture over salmon and sprinkle with remaining cheese-crumb mixture.
12. Place the pie plate in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
13. Allow the dish to cool down for 10 minutes.
14. Cut and serve hot or freeze and reheat before serving.