Sour Cream Cheese Pie
|Diced rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs), finley diced|
|Pastry||1 (9 Inch)|
|9 inch pie crust||1|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Blanched slivered toasted almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch and ginger together.
3) In a mixing bowl with rhubarb, stir the sugar mixture and blend well.
4) Turn the rhubarb mixture into the prepared pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a bowl, whip the cream cheese with a fork, until fluffy.
6) Stir in the egg, sugar and nutmeg, blend well.
7) Spread a layer of cream cheese evenly over the baked rhubarb filling.
8) Lower the oven temperature to 350° F.
9) Return the pie into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
10) Allow to cool, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
11) In a bowl, mix the sour cream, orange peel and sugar together.
12) Spread the mixture evenly over the pie and sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
13) Store in the refrigerator until serving time.
14) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.