Arabian Night Delight
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tapioca||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pastry||1 (For 9-Inch Crust And Lattice Top)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the rhubarb, sugar, tapioca, eggs, lemon juice, orange peel and cinnamon together.
3) Allow the mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
4) Then stir in the dates and nuts, mix well until evenly distributed.
5) Turn the mixture into the pie shell and cover with the lattice top.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes.
7) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.