Arabian Night Delight
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tapioca||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pastry||1 (For 9-Inch Crust And Lattice Top)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the rhubarb, sugar, tapioca, eggs, lemon juice, orange peel and cinnamon together.
3) Allow the mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
4) Then stir in the dates and nuts, mix well until evenly distributed.
5) Turn the mixture into the pie shell and cover with the lattice top.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes.
7) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg26.4%
Sodium 35.5 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet