Caramel Pie Deluxe
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs) (1/3 Stick)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , baked|
|Egg whites||4 , stiffly beaten|
|Cool whip||3 Tablespoon (Or As Desired)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and flour.
3) To this, add beaten egg yolks and cream.
4) In a double boiler, heat this mixture.
5) Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet, brown sugar, butter and cream.
6) Into the mix in the boiler, pour the caramel mixture.
7) Cook until the mixture is thick and smooth.
8) Now, add vanilla. Remove the mix from heat and cool thoroughly.
9) Into the baked pie shell, pour this cooled mixture.
10) In a bowl, mix beaten egg whites and 4 tablespoons of sugar, thoroughly.
11) On the outside ring of the pie, pour this meringue, leaving about a 4 inch circle gap in the middle.
12) Bake for 10 minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned.
13) Before serving, fill the gap in the pie with cool whip. Sprinkle on top with pecans.