Cherry Cream Pie With Almond Crust
|Pie crust mix||8 Ounce (1 Stick)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered and finely chopped|
|Condensed milk||15 Ounce (1 Can Borden'S Eagle Brand Or 1 1/3 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1) According to package directions, prepare the pastry. Though not mentioned on the package, add chopped almonds with water while preparing.
2) Bake the pie shell, as per the directions.
3) Remove from the oven and cool well.
4) In a pan, combine condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract.
5) Over low heat, stir until the mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat and cool well.
6) To this, mix in the whipped cream.
7) Into the cooled pie shell, spoon this mixture.
8) With homemade cherry glaze, top the pie.
9) Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
10) Slice and serve, with more whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.