|For the meringue|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate square/Unsweetened chocolate square||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites along with the cream of tartar to form soft peaks.
3) Slowly mix in the sugar while continuing to beat.
4) When the egg whites mixtures form stiff peaks, add in the chocolate wafer crumbs and chopped walnuts.
5) Transfer the meringue into the pre-heated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
6) Allow the meringue to cool down to room temperature.
7) Meanwhile, in a bowl whip together the cream, sugar and vanilla to form a stiff mixture.
8) Spread out the filling over the cooled down meringue evenly.
9) Garnish the top with chocolate shavings and chill the chocolate pie for at least 3 hours.
10) Slice the Chocolate Pie into 6 even pieces and serve chilled.