|Baked pie shell||1|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart, sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, add cream cheese.
2) To this, add sugar and flavorings. Beat this mix until soft and fluffy.
3) To this, mix in half of the whipped cream.
4) Over the bottom part of the baked and cooled pie shell, spread this mix evenly.
5) Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator. Keep aside.
6) Meanwhile, in a bowl, place the berries and sweeten them according to taste.
7) Let the berries stand in the bowl, until sugar dissolves completely.
8) Drain the sweetened berries thoroughly and keep aside. Reserve the liquid.
9) In a cup, combine lemon juice and the reserved strawberry liquid, adding sufficient amount of water to make 1 cup, if required
10) In a pan, mix cornstarch and small amount of this liquid. Blend well.
11) To this, gradually add the remaining liquid.
12) Over medium heat, cook this mix for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it is thick and clear.
13) Remove the pan from heat.
14) To this, add butter and food coloring and cool thoroughly.
16) On the cheese layer in the pie shell, place the sweetened berries.
17) Over the berries, spoon the lemon-berry glaze.
18) Chill thoroughly and garnish with the remaining cream before serving