Quick Black Bottom Pie
|Ginger snaps||35 , crushed|
|Baking chocolate square||2|
|Condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Jello vanilla pudding mix||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) To prepare the crust, first melt oleo.
2) Combine the melted oleo with ginger snap crumbs. Keep aside.
3) In the top portion of a double boiler, add the baking chocolate and condensed milk.
4) Heat for a while, until the chocolate melts well. You can beat the mixture with an egg beater, if it is not up to the desired consistency.
5) Now, cook for a few minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
6) Into the prepared crust, pour this mix. Let it cool well.
7) In a large bowl, combine pudding, some of the milk, egg yolks and sugar. Make these into a paste.
8) To this paste, gradually add the remaining milk.
9) Cook for a while, stirring constantly until the mix is thick.
10) Cool well and then add rum.
11) Meanwhile, in 1/4 cup of water, dissolve gelatin.
12) In a mixer, beat egg whites, until firm.
13) To the cooled pudding, add dissolved gelatin.
14) Then, mix in the beaten egg whites.
15) Over the chocolate layer, pour this mixture.
16) Chill thoroughly before serving. Serve with whipped cream.