Salmon Pie in Rice Crust
|Cooked long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Pepper white||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salmon||8 Ounce, skinned|
|Swiss cheese||3 Ounce, shredded|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425Â° F.
2) In a medium bowl, mix 1 beaten egg, rice, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper together.
3) In a 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, firmly press the mixture over the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
5) Remove from the oven, keep aside and lower the oven temperature to 350°F.
6) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the celery, onion, and bell pepper over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until softened.
7) Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
8) In a medium mixing bowl, remove the onion mixture and combine with the salmon and Swiss cheese.
9) In a small bowl, beat the milk and 3 eggs together with a wire whisk, stir into the salmon mixture until thoroughly combined.
10) Pour the salmon mixture into the prepared crust and bake in the center of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the pie is lightly browned.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
12) Slice into wedges and serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 269.1 mg89.7%
Sodium 489.1 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 34.6% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet