Cranberry Peach Pie
|Refrigerated pie crusts||15 Ounce, softened (1 Box)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peach pie filling||21 Ounce (With More Fruit,1 Can)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F.
2) In an 9-inch glass pie plate make pie crust.
3) In large bowl, add cranberries, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well.
4) Mix the pie filling stirring gently.
5) Fill into the crust-lined pan.
6) On a flat work surface roll out the second pie crust.
7) Using star-shaped canape or cookie cutter cut pattern of stars in dough within 1 1/2 inches of edge.
8) Keep aside the cutouts.
9) Keep the crust over filling.
10) Fold the edge of top crust under bottom crust. Press firmly to seal.
11) Dredge the fork tines in flour and press fork tines crosswise on border of dough.
12) Turn around tines 90 degrees and press after first set of marks.
13) Continue to make this back and forth pattern around rim.
14) In a small bowl, add egg yolk and water. Mix together.
15) Glaze the mixture over top crust.
16) Place the star cutouts on top crust and glaze with egg yolk mixture.
17) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and cover the edge of crust with foil strips to prevent browning.
18) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
19) Serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3242 Calories from Fat 1013
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.1%
Saturated Fat 42.3 g211.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 1858.8 mg77.5%
Total Carbohydrates 554 g184.7%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100.2%
Sugars 227.9 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet