Fresh Strawberry Pie
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Few Grains)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 (As Required)|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, drained and halved (More, If Desired)|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , baked|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Pint|
1) In a large pan, mix sugar, salt and cornstarch.
2) To this, gradually add water.
3) Over direct heat, cook the mix, stirring continuously until thickened.
4) Remove from heat and add a few drops of food coloring.
5) Cool the mix thoroughly.
6) In the baked pastry shell, place the halved strawberries.
7) On top of this, pour the cooked filling.
8) Refrigerate the pie until firm.
9) Slice, top with whipping cream and more fresh berries, and serve chilled.