Delicious Apple Cream Pie
|Refrigerated pie crusts||15 Ounce, softened (1 Box)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled and thinly sliced for 6 cups|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Coarse White Sparkling Or Granulated)|
|Coarse white sugar/Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon (Sparkling)|
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°F..
2) Using 9-inch glass pie plate, make pie crusts.
3) In large bowl, combine granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; gently stir and add apples.
4) In small bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla and blend well.
5) Pour it over apple mixture and stir to mix well.
6) Spoon the apple mixture into crust-lined pan.
7) Top with second pie crust; seal edge and flute.
8) Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. Brush top with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
9) Cover edge of pastry with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
10) Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
11) Cool completely for an hour.
12) Serve apple pie after dinner.
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.7 mg6.9%
Sodium 229.6 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 42.1 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet