Deep Dish Vegetable Pot Pies
|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into bite size florets|
|White onions||8 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Plain flour||1 Gram (30 Grams)|
|Dry white wine/Dry vermouth||3 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Half and half||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter, milk and cream)|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Dash (Several Dashes)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh herbs/1 teaspoon dried fines herbes||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Shredded swiss cheese||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||10 Ounce, Defrosted (300 Grams)|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 Ounce, defrosted until pliable, but still refrigerated (250 Grams)|
1. Preheat the oven at 200Â°C (400Â°F or Mark 6).
2. Take a medium-size skillet and melt about 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
3. Add broccoli, onions, and mushrooms, and cook. Use a wooden spoon to stir for 5 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, melt the leftover butter.
5. Add flour and whisk over low flame for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling.
6. Remove from heat and whisk with wine.
7. Heat the pan again until boils, whisking constantly.
8. Add hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper to taste, and herbs.
9. Remove the pan from heat and cool slightly.
10. Add cheeses, vegetable mixture, and artichoke hearts.
11. Take 4 heatproof soup bowls or casseroles and break up the mixture.
12. Roll 1 sheet puff pastry on a lightly floured board for 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick.
13. Measure the diameter of bowl.
14. Use a sharp knife and slice the 4 pastry circles, each 2 1/2-5 cm (1-2 inches) larger tops of the bowls.
15. In a small bowl, beat the egg lightly along with 1 tablespoon of water.
16. Brush the rims of the bowls with the egg wash.
17. Put the pastry circle on every bowl by pressing pastry over edge so that it extends at least (1 1/2 cm (3/4) inch) over sides.
18. Use a fork and press down to seal. Brush egg wash on the pastry.
19. Make decorations like flowers or leaves with any extra pastry dough.
20. Press and brush with egg wash.
21. Take shallow baking sheets and place the bowls.
22. Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and browned.
23. Serve hot in a serving dish.