Honeyed Pumpkin Pie With Broiled Praline Topping
|Refrigerated pie crust||15 Ounce, softened (1 Box)|
|Pumpkin||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pumpkin||15 Ounce (1 Can, Do Not Use Pumpkin Mix)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Heat oven to 375Â°F.
2) Place pie crust in 10-inch deep dish pie pan for One-Crust Filled Pieâ€”except roll crust into 13-inch round before placing in pan.
3) In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, honey, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
4) Add eggs and beat well.
5) Slowly add milk and with electric beater on low speed blend well.
6) pour the mixture into crust-lined pan.
7) Bake the pie in heated oven for 45-55 minutes until edge is set.
8) Keep pie on cooling rack to get cool completely.
9) In small bowl, combine all topping ingredeints and sprinkle over cooled pie.
10) Set oven to broil control and broil the pie 4-6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping bubbles.
11) Store pie in fridge until served.
12) Serve the cooled pie as dessert.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.8 mg40.3%
Sodium 500.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 43.1 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 249.5% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet