Banana Cream Pudding Pie
|Refrigerated pie crust||1 , softened (From 15-Oz Box)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Banana||3 Medium, sliced|
|Sweetened whipped cream/Whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Desired)|
1) Preheat oven to 450Â°F.
2) Using 9-inch glass pie plate, make pie crust shell.
3) Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
4) Let it cool for 30 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
6) Stir in milk until smooth.
7) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens; boil and stir 2 minutes.
8) Remove the pan from heat.
9) Stir about 1/4 cup hot mixture into egg yolks.
10) Slowly stir yolk mixture into hot mixture.
11) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to bubble and is thickened.
12) Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
13) Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
14) Arrange banana slices in cooled baked shell. Pour cooled pudding over bananas.
15) Refrigerate the pie until set for 3 hours.
16) Top it with whipped creama nd again keep in fridge until served.
17) Serve the chilled pie with cream.