Pop Up Pizza Pie
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese/Monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°F before baking.
2) Take a large skillet and brown ground beef in it, draining well when done.
3) Mix in onion, green pepper, garlic, oregano, water, hot pepper sauce, tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix.
4) Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and keep it aside.
5) Take a small mixing bowl and mix together milk, oil and eggs in it, beating at medium speed for 1 minute.
6) Beat in flour and salt for 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth.
7) Into an ungreased ovenproof skillet or baking pan, pour the hot meat mixture and cover with sliced cheese on top.
8) Spoon the batter over cheese, covering filling well.
9) Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven until the pie is puffed and is deep golden brown.
10) Cut into pices and serve the pie hot.