Small Ricotta Pies
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. To prepare the dough, in a basin mix flour, baking powder and salt, rub in the margarine and add enough water to form dough.
2. Knead well, roll out the pastry and cut using a round 18 cm pastry cutter.
3. To prepare the filling mix in the egg with the ricotta.
4. In the centre of each pastry circle place the ricotta mixture and brush the pastry ends with the beaten egg.
5. Gather the edges towards the centre leaving it uncovered over the ricotta filling.
6. With the beaten egg brush pastry and bake for 20 minutes or till golden in a moderate oven.
7. Serve hot with garnish as desired.