Small ricotta Pies
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. To prepare the dough, in a basin mix flour, baking powder and salt, rub in the margarine and add enough water to form dough.
2. Knead well, roll out the pastry and cut using a round 18 cm pastry cutter.
3. To prepare the filling mix in the egg with the ricotta.
4. In the centre of each pastry circle place the ricotta mixture and brush the pastry ends with the beaten egg.
5. Gather the edges towards the centre leaving it uncovered over the ricotta filling.
6. With the beaten egg brush pastry and bake for 20 minutes or till golden in a moderate oven.
7. Serve hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.6 mg45.9%
Sodium 266.1 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 43.8% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet