Baked Cheese Pie
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 300Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the crumbs with the margarine.
3) Press 3/4th of the mixture into the bottom and to the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Save the remaining crumbs to sprinkle on top of the pie, if a fruit topping is not used.
4) Now, in a blender or a mixing bowl, beat the cottage cheese until creamy.
5) Add the melted margarine.
6) Gradually add the eggs, sugar and skim milk beating well constantly.
7) Add all the remaining ingredients, beating until smooth.
8) Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
9) Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top of the cake.
10) Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until set.
11) Cool for several hours before cutting and serving.