Walnut Crumb Apple Pie
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned sliced apples||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a bowl, add the flour, sugar and spices. Mix well.
3) Now, cut in the margarine until the mixture has a coarse consistency.
4) Stir in the nuts.
5) Into the unbaked pie shell, turn half of this mixture.
6) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add boiling water and dissolve the baking soda.
7) Gradually add molasses and apples.
8) Pour apples over the flour mixture in the pie shell.
9) Cover the shell with the remaining flour mixture.
10) Place the shell on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until done.
11) Cool for a while and serve garnished with finely chopped nuts.