Baked Vegetable Pie
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cabbage||250 Milliliter, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, diced (1 Cup)|
|Peas||250 Milliliter (Fresh Or Frozen, 1 Cup)|
|Corn||250 Milliliter (Fresh Or Frozen, 1 Cup)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Buttermilk||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Whole grain bread crumbs||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons, Soft)|
|Parmesan cheese||30 Milliliter, grated (2 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate, put together flour, oil and buttermilk.
3. Using a fork, toss to combine well.
4. Using your fingers, press the mixture along the bottom and sides; keep aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; keep aside for topping.
6. In a saucepan or lightly oiled skillet, place onion, cabbage and carrots and steam-stir with a few tablespoons (50 ml) of water to prevent scorching.
7. When vegetables are tender yet crisp, add peas, corn and seasonings.
8. Cover the skillet and keep aside.
9. In another small saucepan or skillet, heat oil to warm.
10. Stir in flour and cook over medium heat with stirring for a few minutes until flour is golden brown.
11. Gradually stir in milk to prevent lumping.
12. Mix together the vegetable mixture and the sauce.
13. Stir in the eggs.
14. Onto the unbaked crust, add the vegetable filling and top with cheese mixture.
15. Seal on top carefully and place the pie in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
16. Serve hot or at room temperature.