Chocolate Cream Pie
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baked pie shell||1|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. In top of double boiler mix well combining the sugar, corn- starch, chocolate and salt.
2. Gradually stir in the milk and cook, over boiling water, stirring, until the mixture is thickened for about 10 minutes.
3. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes longer.
4. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks.
5. Return to rest of mixture in double boiler and cook over boiling water, stirring occasion- ally, 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
7. Pour chocolate filling into baked pie shell and refrigerate until well chilled for at least 3 hours.
8. Make Cream Topping 1 hour before serving.
9. With rotary beater, beat cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff.
10. Spread over pie refrigerate for about one to two hours and serve.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.9 mg37.3%
Sodium 262.4 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet