Pastry For One Crust Pie
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
1. Sieve together the flour and the salt
2. In a pastry blender, tip in the flour, salt and shortening Run the blender till the shortening and flour mixture looks like coarse meal.
3. Sprinkle the water over the mixture one tablespoon at a time till soft dough is formed. The dough should also be soft and workable at this stage.
4. Gather the dough together into a ball and let the dough ball stand for five minutes
5. Roll the ball into a flat circle eliminating all cracks that arise at the corners of the dough ball
6. Roll into a circle /8" thick that should be large enough to fit a 9-inch pie plate
7. Flour the rolling pin slightly and roll dough on pin. Carefully unroll dough into pie plate.
8. Do not stretch the dough when fitting it onto the pie plate
9. The edge should be built up and the ends of the pastry can be fluted
10. Prick the dough all over
11. Bake on Medium for 7 to 9 minutes, giving dish a quarter turn after 3 minutes.
12. Just before use, place shelf in the oven in upper position.
13. Brown 2-1/2 to 3 minutes
14. Serve with a filling of your choice
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1589 Calories from Fat 921
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.5%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1463.7 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 3.2% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet