Deep Dish Chicken Pie
|Potatoes||6 Medium, quartered|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, pared, quartered|
|Carrots||6 Medium, quartered|
|Carrots||6 Medium, pared, quartered|
|Onion||1 Small (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (1 Can)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), boiled, roasted, or broiled (Chunks)|
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Biscuit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Biscuit topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. In a large saucepan in boiling salted water cook potatoes and carrots for 15 to 20 minutes such that tender
3. Then drain the potatoes and save 1 cup of liquid.
4. In a saucepan sauté onion and green pepper in butter or margarine such that soft, stir in chicken soup and 1 cup saved liquid.
5. Into 8-cup casserole spoon vegetables and chicken, pour over the sauce and bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
6. Arrange biscuits on top of hot mixture and bake for more 15 minutes longer such that biscuits are golden.
7. Serve hot with the desired garnish.
Calories 1192 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.4 mg62.1%
Sodium 650.5 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.3%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 68 g135.9%
Vitamin A 629.4% Vitamin C 223.8%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet