Cornish Beef Hash And Egg Pie
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped o make 1 1/2 cups|
|Corned beef||3⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Corned beef||3⁄4 Pound, chopped, cooked (2 1/2 Cups)|
|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped, boiled|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Pie crust mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Piecrust mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter or margarine for about 5 minutes, until soft.
3) In a large bowl, add the corned beef, Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, onions, salt and pepper, toss to mix well.
4) Prepare the piecrust mix, as per the package directions.
5) On a lightly floured board, roll out 1/2 of pastry to a 12-inch round.
6) In a 9-inch, deep pie plate, fit the pastry and trim edges to 1/2 inch.
7) Spoon the hash mixture into the prepared pastry shell, then make an 1 1/2 inches wide hallow, 1 inch in from edge all around the mixture.
8) Drizzle milk over the hash and break eggs into the hollow, evenly spacing apart.
9) Roll out rest of the pastry to an 11-inch round, cut slits in the center and the cover pie.
10) Trim edges to 1/2 inch, turn the edge under and flute the edges. Roll out trimmings to make decorative shapes for the top, if desired and them with milk.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then lowe the heat to 400° and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
12) Slice into wedges and serve immediately on individual serving plates.