Sausage And Egg Pie
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. -Gas Mark 6.
2) Prepare the pastry and divide in half.
3) Roll out one part in a circular shape, with a suitable size to line a 7-inch sponge tin by covering base and sides.
4) Place the sausages on the lined sponge tin in a cartwheel pattern by leaving 3 spaces for the eggs.
5) Crack the eggs one by one, in the left out space.
6) Season properly with salt and pepper.
7) Roll out the remainder part of pastry to prepare the covering of the pie.
8) Seal the edges and trim off the excess pastry over the edge.
9) Make a small hole in the centre and brush the pie top with little milk.
10) Place the pie in the middle of a hot oven to bake for 10 minutes.
11) Reduce the heat to moderate (355°F. - Gas Mark 4) and bake for a further 30 minutes.
12) Cut the pie in wedges and serve with salad.