Pumpkin Spiced Pie
|Whole meal biscuits||125 Gram (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Butter||60 Gram, melted (2 Tablespoons)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pumpkin||8 Ounce, peeled|
|Brown sugar||90 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1 Pinch, ground|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon, thickened|
|Cream||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Macadamia nuts||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for crumb crust and press onto bottom of a greased baking pan.
2) In a bowl, add the pumpkin, cover with a plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
3) Then allow to cool and puree in an electric blender.
4) In a small mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, egg yolks, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and allspice together.
5) Combine the pumpkin puree, cream and butter, then stir in the brown sugar mixture and mix well.
6) Stiffly whisk the egg whites, then fold into the pumpkin mixture and pour into the crumb crust.
7) Cook in microwave for 12 minutes, or until the filling is firm, allow the pie to cool on a wire cooling tray.
8) Decorate pie with the piped whipped cream rosettes and macadamia nuts.
9) Slice and serve on a serving platter.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg25.2%
Sodium 208 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 62.4% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet