Shepherd's Pie With Beef Gravy
|Potatoes||4 Medium, pared and quartered|
|Carrots||3 Medium, pared and quartered|
|Frozen fordhook limas||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Each Package)|
|Cubed cooked beef/Veal / lamb roast / pot roast||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned beef gravy||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
1. In medium-size saucepan in boiling salted water cook potatoes and carrots together for 20 minutes, such that tender, drain and mash.
2. In separate saucepan cook lima beans, as per label directions and drain.
3. In shallow 6-cup casserole combine meat cubes and lima beans and over pour gravy.
4. If using canned gravy, blend in 3/4 cup water to make 2 cups.
5. In a small saucepan heat milk, butter or margarine and onion and pour over mashed potatoes and carrots.
6. Beat until fluffy, spoon in small mounds around edge of casserole and pile any remaining in middle.
7. In moderate oven bake at 375° for 30 minutes such that bubbly-hot and potato trim is gets brown on the top.
8. Serve hot with garnish as desire.