Strawberry Chiffon Pie
|Frozen sliced strawberries||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|California rose||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
1) Defroze strawberries.
2) Allow gelatin to soften in wine.
3) Place gelatin on top of double boiler over hot water and stir well to dissolve.
4) Mix in lemon juice and keep aside the mixture to cool until it just starts to jellify.
5) Stir in strawberries.
6) Whip egg whites with salt until they reach a stiff stage and then slowly beat in sugar.
7) Beat cream using the same beater until it reaches a stiff stage.
8) Mix egg whites and cream with the strawberry mixture and keep in refrigerator for a few minutes until mixture can be mounded on a spoon.
9) Let cool the baked pie shell and pour the mixture into it.
10) Again chill for at least 2 hours until firm.
11) Serve cold.