Vanilla-Flavored Pecan Pie
|9 inch pastry shell||1 (Microwaved)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), chopped|
1. Make the pastry shell, cool and keep aside.
2. In a 4-cup measure, place butter.
3. In the microwave, cook for 45 to 60 seconds on High to melt butter.
4. Stir in the other ingredients one by one.
5. Pour the mixture in the pastry shell.
6. In the microwave, cook for 14 to 15 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool the pie for a while.
8. Serve warm.