Vanilla-Flavored Pecan Pie
|9 inch pastry shell||1 (Microwaved)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), chopped|
1. Make the pastry shell, cool and keep aside.
2. In a 4-cup measure, place butter.
3. In the microwave, cook for 45 to 60 seconds on High to melt butter.
4. Stir in the other ingredients one by one.
5. Pour the mixture in the pastry shell.
6. In the microwave, cook for 14 to 15 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool the pie for a while.
8. Serve warm.
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.9 mg42%
Sodium 303.3 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.53%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet