Apple Pie With Orange Juice
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Double crust pie pastry||1|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Raisins||6 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Cheddar cheese||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) Peel the apple and core properly. Make thick slices.
2) In a bowl, add water and lemon juice. Place the apple slices into the water to preserve their color.
3) Use a deep 9-inch pie dish to line with pastry, using your own favorite recipe.
4) In a bowl, combine sugars, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Take little of this mixture to rub into pastry shell.
5) Add grated rinds to remaining sugar mixture.
6) Arrange the sliced apples at the bottom of the pastry shell.
7) Sprinkle few raisins and some of the sugar mixture.
8) Repeat layers until pie shell is filled.
9) Sprinkle orange juice on top, add butter dots and place the top crust over apples, pressing the edges together or fluting them.
10) Decorate pastry; cut slits in top crust to release steam.
11) Place the pie dish inside oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is tender and pastry is golden brown.
12) Serve warm, with cream or cheddar cheese.
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg7.1%
Sodium 11.8 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 64.8 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 53.7%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet