Maple Squash Pie
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Maple-flavored syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen squash||24 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbaked pie shell||1|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
To Make Filling:
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, maple syrup, spices, salt, squash and light cream.
3. Beat, with rotary beater, until mixture is smooth.
4. Turn most of filling into unbaked pie shell.
5. Place on lowest shelf of oven and pour in rest of filling.
6. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until filling is set in center when pie is gently shaken.
7. Let it cool on wire rack.
8. Serve pie slightly warm or cold.
9. Garnish with whipped cream rosettes, drizzled with maple syrup.