Fresh Strawberry Pie
|Fresh strawberries||5 Pint|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Grand marnier liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Red jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch pastry crust||1 , baked|
1. Wash strawberries first.
2. Separate the good ones and not so good ones.
3. Keep aside a cup of not so good strawberries.
4. Pat dry good strawberries with paper towels.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and corn starch.
6. Make a puree of the strawberries kept in the cup.
7. Blend strawberry puree with sugar corn starch mixture and water.
8. In a 4-cup glass measure, pour the strawberry mixture.
9. Cook on High for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture turns clear.
10. Stir once.
11. Stir in lemon juice or liqueur and red jelly for a deeper enhanced color.
12. Cool the mixture until lukewarm.
13. Brush glaze on the surface of the baked pie crust.
14. Mix the remaining strawberries gently in the remaining glaze.
15. Top the crust with remaining strawberry and glaze mixture.
17. Serve chill with frosting.