|Stewing beef||1 Pound, minced (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Pound, chopped (450 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushroom ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Gravy||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Celery stick||1 Small, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|For mashed potatoes|
|Cream fresh||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2) Heat a pan with oil and butter. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
3) Put in mince meat and brown lightly. Pour in stock, wine and sauces and stir.
4) Let it come to a boil and then simmer for 40 minutes.
5) Put in the carrot and celery pieces. Simmer a further 10 minutes.
6) Add roux to the dish and thicken it.
7) In a pan, boil potatoes in their jackets. When cooked, peel and season with salt, pepper and onion salt.
8) Stir in fresh cream and milk into the potatoes and mash well.
9) Take a casserole dish and transfer the mincemeat into it
10) Top it with the mashed potato.
11) Scatter some crushed potato crisps on top.
12) Bake untill the top is crisp.
13) Make slices and serve hot.
Fresh mince can be used instead of leftover minced roast beef.