Raspberry Chiffon Pie
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Frozen sweetened raspberries||10 Ounce (1 Package, 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Ice water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Non fat dry milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare the raspberries thaw them, drain, reserving the juice and saving 6 firm berries for garnish.
2. In a cup of water soften the gelatin powder.
3. In a saucepan combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, with the flour and salt, add the raspberry juice and softened gelatin, stir and-heat slowly until sugar is dissolved.
4. Remove the pan from heat, add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and the berries and cool until thick and syrupy, but not set.
5. Chill the beaters of the electric mixer.
6. In a chilled bowl, combine ice water and nonfat dry milk and beat until soft peaks are formed for about 3 or 4 minutes.
7. To the bowl add the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and beat another 3 or 4 minutes such that stiff.
8. Fold in 2 tablespoons of sugar by blending well on low speed and whip this into the raspberry-gelatin mixture.
9. Into baked pastry shell pour the mixture and chill until firm.
10. Serve chilled with the desired garnish.