|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless chicken pieces||4 , halved|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce|
|Beaten egg/Milk||1 (To Glaze)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
2. Into a polythene bag, add the flour season and chicken and toss until coated.
3. In a frying pan melt the butter and oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes, such that soft.
4. Using a slotted spoon remove the onions.
5. In the pan fry the chicken for 10 minutes, such that evenly browned.
6. Take a 1.5 litre / 2 1/2 pint pie dish and transfer the chicken to it using a slotted spoon.
7. Into the pan sprinkle the onions over the top, stir any remaining flour and cook for 1 minute.
8. Gradually add the stock with constant stirring such that the sauce is thick and smooth and scrape the base of the pan to incorporate any sediment.
9. Stirring in the lemon juice, then the cream, parsley and seasoning as per taste let it boil and pour the sauce over the chicken.
10. Roll out the pastry to a 5 cm / 2 inches circle such that larger than the pie dish.
11. Cut off a 2.5 cm / 1 inch strip all round and attach the pastry strip to the edges of the dish dampened with water.
12. Brushing the strip with water, cover the pie with the remaining pastry and press the edge to seal and make a hole in the centre to allow steam to escape.
13. Brush with milk or beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
14. Then lower the temperature to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4 and bake for a further 45 minutes.
15. Cover with foil if it becomes too brown.
16. Serve hot with desired garnish.
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.4 mg55.8%
Sodium 333 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 48.3% Vitamin C 69.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet