Pear Cream Pie
|Pie crust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pears||4 , pared, quartered, cored and sliced|
|Apples||2 , pared, quartered, cored and sliced|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Follow the directions on the package to prepare the piecrust mix. Alternatively, follow a personal recipe to make the pastry.
3) On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board, roll out about ½ of the pastry into a 12-inch round and fit it in a pie-plate of 9-inches. Trim the overhang to ½ inch.
4) In a large bowl, combine together the apples, pears, flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and lemon rind. Toss and mix well.
5) Into the prepared pastry shell, spoon the mixture.
6) In a small bowl, beat the cream till it starts to stiffen. This will ensure that it does not bubble over.
7) Spoon the cream all over the fruits and use butter or margarine to dot.
8) Roll out the remainder of the pastry to a round of 11-inches. Near the center, cut several slits to allow the steam to escape. Cover the pie the trim the overhang to ½-inch. Turn under, flush with the rim and flute.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till the juices start to bubble up and the pastry has turned golden in color.
10) Place on the wire rack and completely cool.
11) Serve as preferred.